Education Abroad Programs
Online Application for the Eli Broad College of Business Education Abroad Scholarships
The Eli Broad College of Business offers a limited number of scholarships to qualified MSU business students on a competitive basis. Students qualify to apply for scholarship for ONE program only per academic year. To apply for an education abroad scholarship from the Broad College, students must indicate on their program application that they wish to be considered for a scholarship. Students who indicate this will simultaneously be considered for awards from both MSU EA and the Broad College of Business. No additional application is necessary; however, students should be aware of the eligibility requirements below in order to receive a scholarship from the Broad College. Please note that these requirements may differ from MSU EA scholarship requirements.
- Students must be undergraduates at MSU who have been admitted to the Broad College OR are enrolled in the Residential Business Community. Eligible majors for admitted students include accounting, finance, human resource management, management, marketing, and supply chain management.
- Students should have a minimum overall grade point average of 3.0.
- The student must be participating in an MSU-sponsored education abroad program.
- Preference will be given to undergraduate students who have never participated in education abroad and those who are IB minors. Students who participate in business programs will be given preference.
- Students are not eligible to receive a scholarship for education abroad to a program in their home country. (i.e., a Canadian national may not apply for a education abroad scholarship to study at any program in Canada, even if the program is located in a province other than the student's home province.)
- Funds must be tied to a specific Education Abroad program in order to be awarded. Applicants may apply more than once for funding as long as the request is for a different program each time. Only one scholarship per student will be awarded, however.
- Scholarship application deadlines align with deadlines to apply for admission to education abroad programs: October 1 for Winter Break and Spring Semester programs, January 15 for Spring Break programs, and March 1 for Summer, Fall, and Academic Year programs.
- All applicants will be notified as to the decision on their application within one month after the application deadline. Students who are awarded a scholarship will be provided additional information and details on the award.
- Scholarship recipients are required to send a written letter of appreciation to the funding source of their award. No award money will be released until the thank you note has been submitted (with proper postage affixed). Details will be provided upon notification of scholarship awards.
The Michigan State University IDEA is Institutional Diversity: Excellence in Action MSU is an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer
Click Here to Apply for Education Abroad Scholarships NOW . You will need to use your MSU NetID and password.
Generous Funding for the Education Abroad Scholarships is Provided by
- Bruce E. McDonald Study Abroad Fund
- Broad Study Abroad Endowment Fund
- Japan Study Abroad Endowment Fund
- Frederick L. & Margaret F. Hubacker Endowment Fund
- Dr. Shahriar & Dokhy Ghoddousi Endowment Fund
- Tomas and Laurie Hult Study Abroad Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Meritor, Inc. Charitable Trust Fund
- The Chrysler Foundation
- General Motors Corporation
- International Business Center at MSU
- Broad China Business Society
For assistance please contact:Broad College Education Abroad Director
Dr. Sarah Scott