The IBC Team is celebrating its 30th year as a National Resource Center designated by the U.S. Department of Education, as part of the Broad College of Business! In 1990, the U.S. Department of Education designated the Broad College’s IBC as a Center for International Business Education and Research — currently, one of only 15 CIBERs in the United States and the only one in Michigan. Our hope to host a formal event for this occasion has been curtailed by the pandemic but we wanted to pass along some of our accomplishments in the past 30 years of our service to the MSU, Michigan, and the US faculty, students, and businesses. Specifically, as part of the CIBER community, we have been:
- Administering the successful Michigan Export Growth Program, which has maximized global trade for more than 200 Michigan-based companies.
- Hosting the headquarters of the prestigious Academy of International Business, the leading association of scholars and business professionals in international business, with membership in over 90 countries.
- Leading the nation in faculty development in international business education for community colleges. Having trained faculty in 44 states, IBC has benchmarked and impacted most of the nation’s 1,200 community colleges.
- Serving as a hub for integrating services of the U.S. Department of Commerce, Michigan’s District Export Councils, and the international trade services of the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC).
- Providing the State of Michigan an array of resources for companies going international, last year facilitating more than $300 million in additional exports by Michigan companies.
- Reaching out to more than 2 million (10 million total) global users in 196 countries and more than 60 territories via the globalEDGE (globalEDGE.msu.edu), which has been a Google top-ranked site for “international business resources.”
We appreciate you joining our team both in your professional efforts and hearts at this momentous time.